Experienced in database administration, development, and reporting, data modeling, cloud architecture and administration, and driving projects to successful completion.
Oracle, SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Aurora, DynamoDB, Elasticache, Elasticsearch
Languages and Frameworks
Amazon Web Services, UNIX, Linux, Windows
Data Architect, Database Administrator, System Administrator, Team Lead
2017 AWS Certified Developer - Associate
2016 AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
2009 Oracle Certified Professional, DBA, Oracle 9i/10g
2000 Oracle Certified Professional, DBA, Oracle 7.3/8/8i
McGraw-Hill Education, Columbus, Ohio
2018 to Present Lead Software Engineer
Doc Halo, Columbus, Ohio
2017 to 2018 Senior Data Architect
Senior data architect and database administrator for secure clinical communication and scheduling platform with 24x7 uptime, HIPAA compliance, and HITRUST security requirements.
- Established strategic road map for stabilizing the platform for current state and future growth.
- Identified and tuned key transactions reducing CPU load and improving response times to create a better user experience.
- Improved response times by up to 72% while managing 252% increase in customer load.
- Migrated primary SQL Server database from single node SQL Server Standard to a three node SQL Server Enterprise cluster utilizing AlwaysOn Availability Groups and Windows Server Failover Cluster technology.
- Developed new and tuned existing customer facing reports and internal usage analytics.
- Built solutions leveraging cloud technologies on the AWS platform.
- Supported DevOps team by monitoring systems and triaging production issues
- Supported Application teams by developing relational and object data models and data workflows.
- Help mature organization by implementing change control processes, coding standards, code reviews, and mentoring development teams.
McGraw-Hill Education, Columbus, Ohio
2013 to 2017 Senior Database Architect
2012 to 2013 Contract Database Engineer
Senior database engineer and architect for online education platform.
- Provided oversight of key application database as it grew in size from 250G to 2TB on a four node RAC cluster with utilization of up to 20K concurrent users, over 22M monthly user sessions, and over 11M subscribed users.
- Identified business requirements and downstream technical requirements necessary to meet MVP across multiple, concurrent projects.
- Guided the enterprise in adopting new industry standards in order to achieve strategic product certification.
- Developed and led a team of database engineers to keep up with growing project commitments and operational support.
- Developed new logical and physical data structures, including tables, indexes, views, and triggers, identified caching opportunities, and developed content models to support products built on our digital platform.
- Developed data access and business solutions in Java and Oracle.
- Supported quarterly releases and scheduled point releases.
- Guided the migration from Oracle 10g to Oracle 11g.
- Developed end-to-end solution to record and report on click stream events using AWS services including API Gateway, Lambda, Kinesis, and Elasticsearch.
- Developed tools for internal operations using Oracle, Java, and AngularJS.
- Provided support to at-risk projects to guide them to on-time completion and improve the performance of key product features.
- Improved performance of critical application components by tuning database code and business processes.
Huntington National Bank, Columbus, Ohio
2010 to 2012 IS Technical Specialist
2008 to 2009 Senior Programmer Analyst
- Supported Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/r12, including HR, Payroll, and Financials.
- Debugged database packages and report queries and implemented code fixes
- Created custom reports for routine and ad hoc business needs.
- Resolved production support issues and critical outages.
James Group, Columbus, Ohio
2009 to 2010 Solutions Architect and Oracle DBA
- Developed ETL solutions in Oracle 10g and Oracle Applications Express.
- Managed Oracle 10g RDBMS on Linux platform.
Worthington Industries, Columbus, Ohio
2007 to 2008 Contract Oracle Developer and DBA
- Developed custom solutions in Oracle 10g SQL and PL/SQL packages and Forms 6i to extend Oracle Applications 11i and meet business requirements for a large manufacturing operation.
- Implemented Oracle Streams as an active/active high availability solution for Oracle Applications 11i to achieve 24x7 uptime of key manufacturing modules.
Nationwide Financial, Columbus, Ohio
2004 to 2007 Contract Oracle Developer
- Contributed to all stages of development lifecycle including requirements review, resource planning, systems analysis, design, coding, testing, debugging, documentation and version control of financial systems running on Oracle 8i/9i, Oracle Forms 4.5/6i, UNIX and Perl.