Over 20 years delivering IT solutions with experience in database engineering, platform engineering, cloud architecture, data architecture, and the adoption of emerging technologies. Passionate about helping teams meet delivery commitments for our customers.
Oracle, PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, MySQL, Elasticsearch, CloudSearch, VLDB, ETL
Amazon Web Services, UNIX, Linux, Windows, Serverless, PaaS, IaaS
McGraw-Hill Education, Columbus, Ohio
2012 to present Senior Database Architect
- Provided oversight of key application database
as it grew in size from 250G to 2TB on a four node RAC cluster with utilization
of up to 20K concurrent users, over 22M monthly user sessions, and over 11M
- Identified business requirements and downstream
technical requirements necessary to meet MVP across multiple, concurrent
- Guided the enterprise in adopting new industry
standards in order to achieve strategic product certification.
- Developed and led a team of database engineers
to keep up with growing project commitments and operational support.
- Developed new logical and physical data structures,
including tables, indexes, views, and triggers, identified caching
opportunities, and developed content models to support products built on our
- Developed data access and business solutions in
Java and Oracle.
- Supported quarterly releases and periodic point
- Guided the migration from Oracle 10g to Oracle
- Developed end-to-end solution to record and
report on click stream events using AWS services including API Gateway, Lambda,
Kinesis, and Elasticsearch.
- Developed tools for internal operations using
Oracle, Java, and AngularJS.
- Provided support to at-risk projects to guide them
to on-time completion and improve the performance of key product features.
- Improved performance of critical application
components by tuning database code and business processes.
Huntington National Bank, Columbus, Ohio
2010 to 2012 IS Technical Specialist
2008 to 2009 Senior Programmer Analyst
- Supported Oracle e-Business Suite 11i/r12,
including HR, Payroll, and Financials.
- Debugged database packages and report queries
and implemented code fixes.
- Created custom reports for routine and ad hoc
- Resolved production support issues and critical
James Group, Columbus, Ohio
2009 to 2010 Solutions Architect
- Developed ETL solutions in Oracle 10g and Oracle
- Managed Oracle 10g RDBMS on Linux platform.
Worthington Industries, Columbus, Ohio
2007 to 2008 Contractor
- Developed custom solutions in Oracle 10g SQL and
PL/SQL packages and Forms 6i to extend Oracle Applications 11i and meet
business requirements for a large manufacturing operation.
- Implemented Oracle Streams as an active/active
high availability solution for Oracle Applications 11i to achieve 24x7 uptime
of key manufacturing modules.
Nationwide Financial, Columbus, Ohio
2004 to 2007 Contractor
- Contributed to all stages of the development
lifecycle including requirements review, systems analysis, design, coding,
testing, debugging, documentation and version control of financial systems
running on Oracle 8i/9i SQL and PL/SQL, Oracle Forms 4.5/6i, UNIX and Perl.
Oracle DBA/System Administrator, St. John Health System,
Oracle DBA/System Administrator, AT&T Wireless, Redmond,
Oracle DBA/System Administrator, Walt Disney Internet Group,
North Hollywood, California
Oracle DBA/System Administrator, Eaton Corporation,
2017 AWS Certified Developer - Associate
2016 AWS Certified Solutions Architect - Associate
2009 Oracle Certified Professional, DBA, Oracle 9i/10g
2000 Oracle Certified Professional, DBA, Oracle 7.3/8/8i